Saturday 28 April 2012

Pincushions

Well "Time Flies" or so the saying goes! I am amazed at how long it has been since I have posted, but in my own defense the days have been incredibly busy, taken up mostly with school events, meetings, teacher interviews - all the boringly essential things to maintain normality in the lives of my family.  My creativity has taken a bit of a back seat in the last week or so.

Where I live it has been raining consistently since last night and right through the day today.  The perfect day to stay indoors and enjoy just being at home with my family.  I have a big pot of homemade chicken & vegetable soup simmering away and the kitchen smells delicious.  I thought today was the perfect kind of day for us to enjoy a warm bowl of soup - something to warm us up and make us feel cosy.


This afternoon I have been enjoying a bit more time online, searching for new designs for something I really love "Pincushions".  I am so amazed at the variety of designs and the inspiration people have when they are making pincushions.  My Pinterest boards are filling up with ideas!!

Here are a few of my favourite finds.


These pincushions are made and designed by Janelle Wind.  She is one of my favourite Australian designers and I always enjoy the colour combinations she puts together and her designs in general.


My next favourites were these gorgeous pincushions made and designed by Leanne Beasley of Leanne's House.  Leanne is another one of my favourite Australian Designers.  We have some very talented designers in our country!


This was a really cute pincushion which I came across on Pinterest.  I loved the design and the fabrics used - it is gorgeous.


This is one of my own felt pincushion creations.  This style of pincushion is a great way of recycling bottle caps as that is what forms the base of the pincushion.  I love working with felt and find that it makes up into very nice little pincushions.


I sell my pincushions through my Etsy store RaspberrySwirls


You can see that I have made plenty of these over time and even taught classes for making them.  They are a lot of fun to do!

So tonight on this very rainy evening, my dilemma will be - do I curl up with a good book or do I spend the evening watching a movie and begin stitching a new pincushion project I have in mind after my online searching today.  Both options sound good to me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment