Tuesday 27 March 2012

Sweet Treats

Today was our final day for our Playgroup for Term 1 - I can't believe how quickly this first Term has gone by!  Last week the children all made Easter baskets  - we do different ones each year and this year I found a design of a cone shaped basket which was really simple to make and have the children decorate.  I didn't think to take a photo of one of the finished baskets though - sorry!

The reason for the baskets was for an Easter Egg Treasure Hunt of course - which is exactly what we did to finish off our day.


Today seems to be a bit of a sweet themed day all around.  I picked up some books I had reserved from the Library which are filled with so many yummy treats.   My mind was racing with ideas for birthday parties!


I've never tried to make Cake Pops yet, but I know that they are very popular and one of the latest party trends.  This book had lots of different designs and themes.


This second book was absolutely amazing!  I desperately need to do a cake decorating course to achieve the levels of perfection some people have with their decorating skills.  I totally enjoyed this book.  It is really just a book full of ideas, not an actual "how to" type of book - but in saying that, I would highly recommend it for as a great resource for just about every theme you could want.  It is also the type of book you can sit down with a cuppa and enjoy flicking through the pages.  A good coffee table book.


I love this cookie design!  I have seen cookies decorated like this before using fondant icing which has been coloured and imprinted using an acrylic stamp. 


I love swirly designs, so these cookies with all the colourful scrolls really appealed to me.



A good friend of mine loves and collects snowmen.  This cute cookie design made me think of her.

Perhaps the upcoming school holidays will be a good time to try out some of these newly found decorating ideas  - I know my children would enjoy the benefits of this!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment