Thursday 22 March 2012

Stash of Crafty Goodies!!

Yesterday was a very full day at the Craft & Sewing Show - we enjoyed it so much!!

I didn't get a photo of the crowds waiting for the show to open, but my goodness, I don't think I have ever seen such a long line of eager women.  It was actually a little daunting to be honest, and here I was naively thinking that going on a weekday had to mean less people to contend with than a weekend.  So, so wrong!!! 

Even though it was crowded, that didn't dampen spirits any, it was still an entirely wonderful day.


The above photo is taken of one of my favourite stalls Miss Rose Sister Violet.  I can spend hours looking over their beautiful items.  I love the lace and flowers and beads - very vintage looking and so pretty and feminine.  Here are some of their beautiful flowers.



and these are some of the beautiful laces they have.


You either love this kind of thing or you hate it - for me though, I think it is gorgeous!!  I have participated in one of their tutorial sessions and found it thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable and I came away amazed at all the ways you can transform something quite plain into something beautiful, so easily.  They made it look so simple to make accessories for your home and your wardrobe.  I just wish I could come home and remember everything I learned!


Here are some cute monkeys we found, a different variation to my own Sock Monkey.

So my purse did come home a little lighter . . . but my bag was filled with lots of crafty treasures which I am eager to put to use.  I do usually go along with a bit of a list of what I am looking to purchase, but of course at an event like that, it always involves a little impulse shopping too.


I love laces and experimenting with dying my own colour combinations too, so I stocked up on some new dyes and lace to do that, but I couldn't resist the coloured daisies - they are something I have had before and used a lot in my craft work and cardmaking. The fabrics I bought were very specifically chosen to go with other fabrics I have here at home, ready to be made into projects. One of my most favourite finds of the day was the adorable owl ribbon - this just had to come home with me :)


The other things I had fun finding were all for the papercrafts I make.  My absolute favourite find of the entire day was the new cling stamps - I liked every single one in the pack, all so cute! 

I added to my copic pens collection too so it will be nice to have those few missing colours which I'm always wishing I had when in the middle of working on a project.  There were quite a few really good priced bargains at the show, but of course you had to know your prices and hunt through the specials to find the good deals.  I always enjoy shopping when I know I am getting things at a reduced price, who doesn't?!!

Now today I am am back to reality, school runs, going to speech therapy with one of my children, laundry and mountains of housework . . . fun, fun, fun . . . definitely not!!  You don't know how hard it is with my new crafty goodies sitting on my desk looking rather neglected, I would so much rather be playing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment