Tuesday 28 February 2012

Sewing with Felt

I may be completely biased, but I think I have the best local Library ever!  They have such a great range of books and if they don't have something I might be after, they are very open to taking suggestions of book titles to purchase - and most times they buy them in for the library.  I know it isn't quite the same as having books handy at home on your bookshelf, but it is the next best thing.

Today I called in to pick up my latest reserved book and all I can say is - I absolutely love it!!!


This is one of those books where I can honestly say I love the majority of the projects in it, if not all.  Not something I can say about a lot of craft books.  Often when you buy a book  there may be only one or two main projects you really like and would seriously consider making.  Well if you like working with felt - I highly recommend this book to you - you will find heaps of things to make!  The best part is that the projects are suited to all skill levels - from beginner sewers to the more advanced.

My favourite thing in this book is the large pink flower shown in the centre of the cover.  It is made with a pin attached to the back so that you can pin it to something.  Wouldn't it look great as an embelishment added to a bag, or even an item of clothing - lots of possibilities!!

I do enjoy working with felt and have even taught craft classes on making felt items.  Some of my favourite have been the felt pancake stacks, cupcakes & tarts.  Here are a few to show you.


Another day I will show you some of the other things I love to make using felt.







No comments:

Post a Comment