Tuesday 21 February 2012

Elm Creek Quilts

If you share my love of quilting, you may well have discovered the Elm Creek Quilts Series of books written by Jennifer Chiaverini.  I was so exciteed to find a fictional series which incorporates both my love of reading and of quilting.  I have totally enjoyed reading these books and found it so interesting to read books which incorporate a lot of American history right through to modern day, intertwined with fictional characters and based around the whole concept of quilting.  If only the Elm Creek Quilt Camp wasn't a fictional place.  It sounds to be the idealisc haven for any quilter. 
I have just finished reading The Wedding Quilt and to date that means I have read all 18 books in the series.  Imagine my excitement today when I received an email advising the release of Jennifer's newest book, #19 in the series, Sonoma Rose.  I can't wait for it to reach local bookstores!!  If you have never read this series before, I highly recommend them.  They are great to read whether you are into quilting or not.  


No comments:

Post a Comment