Monday 27 February 2012

School Quilt

My 14 year old has undertaken quite a huge task as part of her Home Economics Assignment at school and decided she would like to make a lap size quilt.  I must say she has made some lovely things in Home Ec over the last year, once she was allowed to be more creative and choose her own projects to make.  I was a little apprehensive at how she would go with piecing a quilt by herself though, but she has done such a great job! 



This quilt was made using Moda's Blush range of fabrics and took 2 of the Moda pre-cut Charm Packs with a little extra fabric for the border.  Although it looks a little difficult, the pattern is actually quite simple and made from a simple 9 block square.  I just love the colours in this quilt!!

While she had to do all the work herself, she was allowed to enlist mum's help for the actual quilting, so I have spent the last day or two stippling it for her in my spare time.



Now all she has left to do is the binding and then she has a beautiful quilt to use and enjoy - and I'm so proud of her achievement!!  I hope her teacher is equally impressed!


No comments:

Post a Comment