Thursday 1 March 2012

Quilting with Moda Fabrics

Moda Charm Packs are such a simple way to create a quilt - they take all the hard work out of cutting up squares of fabric, it is already done for you.  All you need to do is join them together.  When I want to make a quilt quickly, these are usually my first option. 

The following two quilts are made from Charm Squares which were from some of my favourite ranges of Moda fabrics.   I've had the fabrics for awhile, so they are not from the latest fabrics available, but if you find you like them, you could most likely still source them online somewhere.



This quilt above was made using Nature's Chorus by April Cornell for Moda.  The colours of these fabrics were so pretty.  I have given this quilt to my mum.


This quilt was made using Charisma by Chez Moi for Moda.  I instantly fell in love with these fabrics when I saw them.  They were my first time for using brighter colours, well at least what I would consider brighter colours.  The finished effect was so pleasing and it has received lots of compliments because it is very eye catching.


I have one last quilt I'd love to show you.  This final quilt was made from Moda Faded Memories.  I made this a few years ago to use as a baby quilt.  This is more my usual type of colour combination - and I particularly loved the strawberry pink against the pale pink in this range of fabrics.  The pink and green combination never grows old for me.  This was an easy design and fun to make and the best part is the overall effect of the finished design.

If you know of any simple piecing designs which make up into quick quilts, I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment